Recognizing Outstanding Contributions
The Gold Circle Awards program recognizes Roofing Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding contributions to the roofing industry between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2019. Unique roofing-related jobs, programs and services are eligible for the program. To be considered for a Gold Circle Award, Roofing Alliance and NRCA members are nominated by their peers and community (self-nominations are not accepted) for significant contributions to the roofing industry in the following categories:
Submit examples of a particularly challenging job, difficult design job, abnormal working conditions, difficult materials used, etc., to showcase your work.
Did you have a particularly difficult job, find a smart solution to a problem or install environmentally friendly projects? Clearly explain what makes your project so innovative.
Safety Preparedness and Performance
Safety is paramount in roofing, and if you had a job that exemplified excellent safety preparedness, submit an entry that includes a description of the following:
- Specific safety considerations that were considered and included in the proposal as the job was being bid.
- The written safety plan created after selection.
- How safety was integrated into unique job elements that gave rise to creative solutions and procedures, for example, where multiple trades or unique worker or public protection issues existed.
- Examples of how and why the plan needed to be revised as the project continued.
- Your plan for fall prevention.
- What safety policies and/or procedures were revised/created as a result of a post-job safety review.
All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges within the roofing industry. The highest-ranking entries will determine the winner.
Benefits of Winning
Gold Circle Award recipients will receive the following:
- Formal recognition during a special awards ceremony held during NRCA’s 133rd Annual Convention and the 2020 International Roofing Expo® in Dallas, Feb. 4-6, 2020.
- A Gold Circle Awards trophy
- Recognition in Professional Roofing magazine
- Press releases notifying industry trade press and local media
- The honor of serving as an inspiration to fellow Roofing Alliance and NRCA members striving for excellence
- No resubmissions of the same project.
- Members submitting entries must create a Dropbox link containing all materials and high-resolution photographs.
- Good photos are critical—they tell the story. Types of photos that are helpful include close-up photos of details; photos showing examples of safety; and photos of work in progress (before, during and after).
- Nominations are to be made by an unrelated third party who can vouch for project satisfaction—such as the building owner, designer, general contractor, etc. (someone other than the manufacturer; self-nominations are not accepted). A letter of recommendation from the unrelated third party is strongly encouraged.
The 2018-19 Gold Circle Awards Program is now closed. Details for the 2019-20 program will be available in July 2019.