Recognizing Outstanding Contributions
The Gold Circle Awards program recognizes Roofing Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding contributions to the roofing industry between June 1, 2017 and May 31, 2019. Unique roofing-related jobs (commercial or residential), programs and services are eligible for the program. To be considered for a Gold Circle Award, Roofing Alliance and NRCA members are nominated by their peers and community (self-nominations are not accepted) for significant contributions to the roofing industry in two categories:
Outstanding Workmanship and Innovative Solutions
Outstanding workmanship and innovative solutions applies to projects that exceed standard roofing practices – a submitted project must be unique, creative and useful. Clearly explain what makes the workmanship on your project outstanding or innovative. Be detailed and specific in the explanation. Submit examples of:
- A particularly challenging job
- Difficult design job
- Abnormal working conditions
- Difficult materials used
- A Smart solution to a problem
- An innovative business solution
Safety Preparedness and Performance
Safety is integral to a successful roofing project. If you completed a job that exemplified safety preparedness, execution and review, submit an entry that includes a description of the following:
- Specific safety considerations that were considered and included in the proposal as the job was bid
- The project-specific written safety plan that describes and illustrates:
- How safety was integrated into unique job elements
- How multiple trades or unique worker or public protection issues were addressed if applicable
- The fall-prevention plan
- Post-job review:
- Describe what safety policies and/or procedures were revised/created as a result of a near-accident or other unforeseen circumstances or hazards that arose during the job
- Describe the results of the safety efforts
All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges within the roofing industry. The highest-ranking entries will determine the winner.
Benefits of Winning
Gold Circle Award recipients will receive the following:
- Formal recognition during NRCA’s Industry Awards Ceremony and Cocktail Reception held during NRCA’s 133rd Annual Convention and the 2020 International Roofing Expo® in Dallas, Feb. 4-6, 2020.
- A Gold Circle Awards trophy
- Recognition in Professional Roofing magazine
- Press releases notifying industry trade press and local media
- The honor of serving as an inspiration to fellow Roofing Alliance and NRCA members striving for excellence
- Unique roofing-related jobs, programs and services must have been completed between June 1, 2017, and May 31, 2019.
- No resubmissions of a project are allowed.
- Nominees must be Roofing Alliance or NRCA members. No self-nominations are permitted. If a company has multiple locations but some locations are not members, those locations are not eligible.
- Nominations can be submitted for work performed by roofing contractors, design professionals and roof consultants, architects, engineers, manufacturers, etc., either individually or collaboratively.
- Nominations will be accepted from unrelated third parties who can vouch for project satisfaction, including but not limited to building owners, facility managers, design professionals, roof consultants, architects, construction managers, general contractors, NRCA affiliate executives, insurance companies, etc. Note that nominations from manufacturers or distributors will not be accepted.
- A nominator may nominate more than one company.
- Nominees may help prepare the entry to ensure adequate information is provided.
- Nominators must create a Dropbox link containing the following items and email it to Jessica Priske, Roofing Alliance manager, at email@example.com by Oct. 18, 2019:
- A completed nomination form
- Detailed description of the project, program, service or event
- Description of how the project went above and beyond; what made the project, program, service or event outstanding in workmanship, innovation or safety; and details explaining the project, program, service or event from conception to completion
- Descriptive photographs; photography is critical to a successful entry. Photos must show before, during and after close-ups of the following as applicable:
- Project and/or application details
- Safety-related matters/issues
- Work in progress
- Photos must be high-resolution and cited clearly and fully in the narrative.
- Nominations should include letters of recommendation from unrelated third parties, testimonials, detailed explanations and high-resolution photos.
Note: Judges will base their decisions on the information provided and photographs received with the entry; therefore be as thorough as possible. Once submitted, all entries become the property of the Roofing Alliance.
Details and the entry form for the 2019-20 program are available here.
The deadline for entries is Friday, Oct. 18, 2019. Email Dropbox link to firstname.lastname@example.org.